New Beginnings 2020!

 I'm very excited to report, I decided to branch out as a contractor in 2020! As contractor, earning potential is higher, as are the risks and variability. Also my flexibility and freedom will be higher. I can work as little as I choose to, or take on as much work as is available. I'm grateful that my boss worked with me to get this lined up so I can keep seeing my currently caseload and take on more kids in the future.

While there's been some major bumps in the last few months, I feel like big changes are always scary, and usually bittersweet. I think about hard things I've done in the past; moving (3 times in the last 10 years!), Natural childbirth twice, changing jobs, staffing farmers markets, being in the Wall Street Journal in my pajamas! Were these scary? Hell yes! Were they worth it? Hell yes! Did people question and doubt me? Oh hell yes! Having resiliency is learned, and practiced. It takes confidence, and it takes people around you that love, support and encourage you.

When I think about the last few months, I think about the pain, but the very next second I think about the smiling faces of a few dear friends that have supported and bolstered me. That encourage me not to loose my resolve, that it will work out and that they love and believe in me. My eyes fill with tears when I think about them, and not when I think about the few that tried to bring me down.

Photo credit: https://www.etsy.com/listing/697996338/find-your-tribe-love-them-hard-instant
I'm thrilled I'll get to keep doing the work I love and that I really feel good at. I'm thrilled that I have a renewed closeness to many of the coworkers I've come to love over the past 8 years. When I think of my future, I look forward to more opportunities for walking my kids to school, for volunteering in their school, for meal planning and prep, and for being my own boss. I look forward to having time to share essential oils with more people, and build on those meaningful connections. What I wanted is more time and flexibility and that's exactly what's a bit scary to me. I'm thankful that despite our strict budgeting, my husband has been fully supportive of me taking this leap. 

I totally get why people would rather stick with things that are less than stellar, because at least they are familiar. We're so conditioned to think of the worst case scenario, but what if we flip that and think of the best case scenario? What if we flip that and think of what could be, and what if we can get a little closer to reaching what we feel is closer to our full potential? 
Photo credit; https://weheartit.com/entry/285162377
Even with this bump, 2019 was my best year yet and I can't wait to soar in 2020! 

Comments