Single parent weekend.

Ted went camping this weekend with 7 buddies. I was excited for him to get out and have some guy time. Other times Ted's been away for the weekend, I've really looked forward to it! I love him dearly, but it's fun to be fully in charge and have one on one time with Hudson. This time though, I was somewhat dreading it! With my 20+ extra pounds, I'm hot, tired and less patient. Hudson is a fiery four who lately has been waking up well before necessary and coming out of his room many times at night before settling. I was nervous how all of the routines would go and if I'd be able to handle it for the 2 days!

Friday
We gave Ted extra hugs and kisses when we left for work and school in the morning. Ted was going straight from work to a friend's house where the 5 other guys would be meeting up. After work Hudson and I went to the library to stock up on new books and movies for the weekend. Hudson was an angel all night and didn't even come out of his room at bed time! I was thrilled to be showered and in bed by 9!

Saturday
I got up to set up the crock pot with stuffed manicotti for the evening meal which my aunt, grandma and in-laws were coming over for. I was so relaxed, I looked at the clock at 8:30 and realized I had not gotten dressed, ate breakfast, Hudson was still asleep (miracle!) and we needed to be out the door in 15 minutes for Tball! Opps! In this scenario, I figure I might as well get everything together that I need because we're going to be late anyway! We managed to get out the door by 9, only then did I realize we are supposed to be there by 9, not 9:15 like I was thinking! Opps! The first 20 minutes are "practice" and really it was fine that we missed it! Hudson and I were both plenty tired and hot after the 40 minute game!
We headed over to Kohl's and Target which were nearby and Hudson got some new shoes in addition to some other goodies!
Hudson's picture of his new shoes!
We headed home for lunch and some down time/laundry/dishes. On the way my mother in law called and said my sister in law and her family (who live in Georgia) would be here for the night and could we move dinner to their house. Of course, I was so excited we'd get to see them! Hudson and I relaxed, and were on our way to the pool when it started raining and didn't stop for the the better part of the next 12 hours. Since we had our bathing suits on, we played in the rain for awhile until we heard thunder.
 Hudson and his cousin Addie had a great time playing with stickers, dancing around the house, and sharing strawberries and blueberries! We had pizza, brownies, and I had made a pineapple dump cake in the crock pot, yum.
 Here's my sister in law Scarlet and I, she's due 3 weeks before me and is having a girl! I was so excited we got to hang out since I didn't think I'd get to see her and her family until Thanksgiving!

I was so glad I brought Hudson's PJs, he fell asleep in the car on the way home and I carried him up to bed, not to be heard from again until 8 AM!

Sunday:
Two easy bedtimes, I felt so lucky! We had a breakfast of champions, and a leisurely morning until I was getting dressed and realized (thanks to the Iphone chime) that the birthday party starts in 10 minutes, not 40 minutes like I had in mind!



Apparently I am not sweating the details lately! We managed to get there 15 minutes late, and we had a great time! We went again to Target (Super Hero Items in the $1 section!) and firmed up plans with my mother in law, and another sister in law to go to the children's museum! We headed to the Wendy's drive-through and made our way to the museum. Hudson's been there at least 4 other times in the last 6 months but he still loves it! What I don't love is there's no place to sit! Even when I wasn't pregnant I was still annoyed about this. If adults have to pay $7 too, there should be more than 4 benches in the whole place!


We headed out at about 3, when Hudson and I were hot and tired. We went home and rested on the couch until Ted got home at about 5:30. Hudson was fabulous the whole weekend and I was so glad I worried for nothing! Now my mission is to make it through 200 more pages of my Picoult book before it's due on Friday! Off I go!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments