Less fridge storage please!

I recently posted about organizing the pantry and that having LOTS of storage space is not necessarily a good thing! The same goes for my fridge. Containers hide out in there for YEARS! It doesn't usually get stinky but having extra containers that are not relevant do add clutter and make it harder to find what I need.

Fridge before:
Stuffed to the gills! Even though I try to go through often and purge, still stuff hangs around for longer than it should, because it can. We had mini margaritas in there for at least 2 years, two containers of relish and mustard. Dressings that I am never going to use.

Last Sunday morning while the kids watched cartoons and I sipped coffee, I took almost everything out, wiped it down, took out the shelves and washed them too. I was planning on just removing one of the large shelves, but I ended up taking out a door shelf too!

After:
Brighter, less cluttered and still plenty of room! Just like with the pantry redo, this will force us to use what we already have, or get rid of it! I moved the two shelves to the attic, so that when we have a party or need the shelf for a pizza or cake, we have it, and you know what, it will already be cleared off!!

Seems crazy, less storage, means more organized, but I'm finding it to be the case around here!

Comments