Weekend Report: November 6-8, 2015

I know I've been MIA lately, and I know I always say I want to do better and I....so here you go.

Friday, Nov. 6,
Things have slowed down at work and I didn't have any appointments planned so I took the day off! As per the usual, the night before I got kind of panicky and thought "What am I going to do?" It's so overwhelming to think of open, child-free time. Of course there is PLENTY to do, so it's more like where to begin. It was beautiful out so after getting the kids out the door I reconnected with the garden.
This looks like something edible, anyone know? 



This chrysanthemum was blooming in abundance so I clipped a bunch and made 4 bouquets for neighbors, family and friends. I did a host of other chores, and spent time with my granny and went to the grocery store. I don't need a day at the spa, a day getting stuff done is relaxing to me!

Saturday, Nov. 7.
The entire family was outside before 8 AM clearing leaves from the driveway and yard before the rain started. It was great to be out, working together, with minimal tears. We finished up just before the rain. At about 11 I headed to Williamsburg to meet my dear friend Irene (Hi Irene!) We had a fabulous lunch, and chat, which I Really needed.


MMMM, house made veggie burger and potato chips.

Sunday, Nov. 8
About a month ago we bought an annual pass to the State Parks of Virginia. I was super proud of Ted for splurging, and really excited because it meant we were committing as a family to use it! We've been to Pocahontas State Park almost every weekend since and I love the family time.
 Check out this giant leaf!

Check out this funky....mushroom? Not sure what it is, but very cool. 

We ran a couple of errands, and were home for lunch and Sadie nap. We've I've been working at tackling our filing. A laundry basket of to-be-shred has sat in my office for OVER TWO YEARS! I finally shredded it. You can hardly tell in our cluttered office, but one step at a time! 


 I have to leave you with a cute picture....Picture day was on Thursday and I was thrilled that A. We had a dress that fit, and B. We had tights that fit, I'm not sure how that happened, but I totally lucked out! :)



Comments