Family Tradition: Dentist and Donuts

Family Traditions: I thought it would be fun to post about some of our traditions and habits. See the bottom of the post for additional posts in this series. 

DISCLAIMER: T.  and our dentist do not endorse this tradition.

I started taking H to the dentist when he was about 3, and I believe in rewards for good behavior and being brave--parental coaches be damned! We always go first thing in the morning, so what could be better than a donut?!



He was actually trying to blink for this picture!

Let's be real, I look forward to the donut just as much as he does!


A funny story about this trip, H anticipated this cat donut for a year! After his appointment last October he saw this cat donut, and asked about it when we were there in April. We talked about how it was only there for Halloween. Yesterday when I was reminding him about the dentist and what would happen etc., he asked "Are we close to Halloween?" "Yes" "So the cat donut will be there?" Ah I just love this kid!

Other Family Tradition Posts:
Friday Night Picnic

Comments