Organizing!

Organization and I have a love/hate relationship! I LOVE to organize, but when you're in a house of 3 others who do not share this love, it becomes aggravating! Okay it's not really fair to tie 10 month old Sadie in this, but it is accurate to say she's not helping!



Here's part of the before of our sunroom. We just moved the desk into the space moments ago but you can still get a sense of the clutter. Hudson's favorite thing to do is make projects out of paper, glue, scissors, and the stapler. The last thing I want to do is stifle his creative, but good lord, the mess! He's also so terribly resourceful, so every tiny scrap can be used for something!

After:






This desk was not really being used and I was surprised Ted agreed to let it be Hudson's desk! Hudson and I found cubbies or drawers for all of his materials, I just want to buy a blotter to protect the writing surface.

I've struggled with how to display his artwork. It's in the way on the fridge, a string would be too high, we don't have good wall space for a display wall. I had a ton of clothes pins so I thought we could try this. The curtain is just a plain white sheet and the best part is Hudson can hang the materials himself. The curtain can still be opened if need be, so I'm hoping this works out! I'm eager to bring the outside couch back in to complete the room! (Pictures to follow once the couch dries off!)

Improvements in the playroom too, I'll take some pictures in there but I didn't want to push my luck with too many photos!

Comments