What's Blooming: June 23

Well we returned from a week away, and were greeted by two of these...
Full grown, delicious cucumbers. Even though it was very hot when we were away, I guess there was enough rain to keep everything happy!

We also returned to a lot of weeds...

I'm getting into a Monday morning routine that includes going straight out to the garden as soon as the rest of the family is out the door. It's still cool and shaded and then I can garden away!

I lifted the massive cucumber and tomato plants off the ground, trimmed the mums, and pulled a lot of weeds. I finally figured out how to be more efficient with my weeding, I carry around a 5 gallon bucket and throw the weeds in there rather than having little handful everywhere! Something's been eating my leaves on the cucumber and pepper plants, I would love to find out who is responsible!


We enjoyed our first batch of pesto on Saturday! Grow Basil, Grow!

Dill flowers are pretty but not allowed to stay!




 Yucky pink mold? under the massive tomato plant. I lifted most of it off the ground with black iron gardening fence.
Another cucumber coming soon, and lots of yellow flowers, all four of us are excited!
 It looks slightly better now right?
I could not wait to get the houseplants out of the house, and they are happier too! I will be giving these away at the end of the summer, any takers? I've accepted that I have no interest in caring for houseplants even though my mom and mother in law graciously take them, nursed them back to health and returned them. I'm through feeling guilty about this, they're not my thing and that's okay!

Last edition of What's Blooming

Comments