She works hard for her money.

Today was my first day back to work after 12 weeks at home! I was actually looking forward to it; maternity leave is not as relaxing as "12 weeks at home" sounds, and I got to thinking, "Wow I'll be able to eat when I want, go to the bathroom when I want, actually complete tasks, this might not be so bad!" I was also expecting an easy transition since I get to "start over" and would be spending the first few days catching up on client notes, setting up appointments and reading through hundreds of emails. Additionally, I only work 28 hours a week, so I have some wiggle room in my schedule. Weeks ago I thought up a tentative schedule for appointments and pumping so I could start today with a framework.

Here's how my day broke down: Approximately 1 hour pumping, I ended up pumping 3x more than Sadie consumed, amazing! I hope she eats more tomorrow though. I'm also hoping she doesn't realize at 2 AM that she didn't eat enough today!
Approximately 4 hours trying to solve various IT issues! My password expired, my certification expired, I wasn't supposed to move my laptop before shutting it down therefore the new password no longer works, the wall jack was faulty--this was all so delightful! I was locked out so many times that now the computer has to be physically unlocked, good times!
Approximately 1 hour filtering through 300 emails. Others in my office have been out on medical leave lately, and they take their computers with them to keep up with email, excuse my French, but no way in hell was I going to do that! This one hour was the only hour I actually had access to my computer. I got through about 100 emails.
Approximately 1 hour resisting the 3 plates of cookies that were sitting out all day! So much for my weight loss!
Approximately 1 hour catching up with coworkers/discussing clients.

Sadie had a great day, and Hudson and his teacher even got to visit her. I was sent home with a box of goodies from one of Sadie's teachers! So sweet! Just when I thought I was done shopping, four new wonderful ladies enter our realm. Day one: success.....We'll see how much energy in a few days!

Comments

  1. Good for you, Monie! So glad you had a good first day. You are wise to make a plan for pumping - stick with it. My kids didn't eat much the first few days in daycare, but they will get used to it, and she will get hungrier. Gotta be prepared for those growth spurts! I'm glad the kids had a good day - it makes the mommy guilt so much easier when you know they are happy! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth! Sadie began eating a lot more within a few days, now I'm barely keeping up! I feel like we're all still adjusting and getting into a routine, but it's going well over all! Thanks for reading! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment