Moment of Zen at Martins

After my monster truck mission was accomplished, (thank you Walmart) I decided to pop over to Martins in hopes of finding some more Candy Cane Lane tea for my grandma, and another box for me! Martins is the only store that I have seen it. It was not in the tea aisle, so I checked the end caps. No luck so I asked a produce stocker, he said he had seen it but lead me to the refrigerated section.... I thanked him anyway. I thought I would try one more time then I happened by the manager. He lead me to the tea aisle, then he checked somewhere else, then he apologized. I proceeded to check out. As per the usual, you always notice when you pick the wrong lane. The customer in front of me was insisting the Chex were 3 for $6 and how did she get to a nearly $10 bill with her 6 items...I'm sure I sighed and even thought about giving her $2 so we could move along. The tellers were endlessly patient and courteous. The error was located and the customers returned to the aisle to get a Wheat Chex NOT a Whole Wheat Chex. As I waited, the manager came running up with 2 boxes of tea! He was in the cafe buying something when he spotted it. One was the one I wanted the other was regular Peppermint, he ran back to get a second box, and ran back again to say he couldn't find one. I thanked him profusely and said he made my day! So it was near the produce section after all, and if I hadn't picked the wrong lane, I wouldn't have the store last box of deliciousness.

Comments