Book Notes: Safe Haven

Safe HavenSafe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Audiobook Version: Oh Nicholas you did it again! Nicholas Sparks has just the right amount of romance for my taste, with enough real life (as opposed to gossipy) drama to keep it interesting. I think the biggest compliment to the book, is the fact that my husband enjoyed listening to it for a four hour road trip! I never would have guessed the usual sci-fi, fantasy/fiction fan would go for a Sparks novel.
Safe Haven had a few themes that seem to run through other Sparks' novels; love, death, new beginnings and a twist or two. In this one, the main character Katie escapes her abusive husband Kevin. She fleas from Boston to Southport, North Carolina. She starts over, revealing little of her past until Alex makes his way into her heart via his two young children; Josh and Kristin. Alex is a widow and owner of a general store. It's not until halfway through the book that you hear more about Katie's past and her husband Kevin. I'll stop here, because I don't want to ruin anything, but rest assured, Sparks keeps you glued to your seat to find out if Kevin finds Katie and what happens next!



View all my reviews

Comments