Book Notes: The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What can I say, this book lived up to the hype. Action packed, and how could you not root for the main characters? As someone that thinks reality shows are ridiculous, the idea of relative warfare didn't seem that far-fetched. Game makers create drama, yes I believe it. I know, youth killing each other for live sport is an extreme of relativity dating. There's not so subtle romance, and high action. Readers feel the agony of the Katniss’ circumstances. As much as I enjoyed the book, I couldn't give it a five because the writing was a little lacking at times. I'm looking forward to reading the next two books and seeing the movie, although since I’m not into teen romance, I hope that plot does not dominate the content.



View all my reviews

Comments