Book Notes: My Horizontal Life

My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night StandsMy Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was almost too embarrassed to admit I was listening to this book, the title is so trashy! But hey, we all need a break from serious every once in awhile right?! Much to my surprise and enjoyment the book did not go from one romp to another. In between her tales of the well endowed, adventurous, and midgits you really get the sense that she is kind hearted. She gives you a peek inside her upbringing, adult siblings, roommates, and life-long friends. She just sees one night stands as a great way to get to know someone while in between more long-term relationships (figuratively speaking.)
I probably would have given the book 5 stars, except that I can't be totally free of judgement. She basically says she drives drunk all the time, and I just can't be okay with that. (Hopefully she's changed her ways since the book came out in 2005.) That said, I'm adding her second and third book to my queue now, and maybe I'll even try to check out her show, Chelsea Lately. We could all use a carefree, fun, friend without the drama or danger of her actually being our friend!

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. I love Chelsea :) I have one of her other books if you want it!!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke! I'd love to borrow it next time we meet up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment