Time to reset the clock.

Some of the tasks I had planed on today got rearranged leaving me with unscheduled time. Such a luxury, and yet, I never take that time and relax. I quickly jump to the next item on my mental to do list and get stressed if it is not completed. Not so much stressed, as feel guilty and gluttonous with my gift of time. For example, today I was available for the barrage of contractors that may or may not have had time to come today. (We're victims of Irene, or rather, our chimney and heat pump are.) So I basically had to stay loose, and I thought I'd take the time to do some organizing. Yet, the computer beckoned and I get sucked in. Since I don't work on a computer, when I am at the computer, I think of the hundreds of things I have been meaning to look up; books to add to my Amazon List, recipes for ice cream, companion plants, the best outdoor grill, etc.
To deal with my weakness for free computer time, I have to limit it. I look at my clock and think, "I'm going to get up at 2:30." If I don't set the time, I will not get up at 2:30 and I'll keep "being productive" on the computer while the piles of "to be organized" stuff still lingers and mocks me. The plans I had for tomorrow have also been postponed (Irene related) so I'll have another chance to remember my time limit rule assuming the computer lures me again!
How do you stay on track on the computer?

Comments