COVID - 19, April 5 - 11, 2020

I'm keeping an ongoing journal to chronicle this amazing time, mostly for when I'm old and grey and new memories replace what this time was really like. I want my kids to know what it was like, and I'll be curious to compare our memories of all of this together time!

Sunday we went geocaching for the first time! A fun adventure, although I didn't love tromping through the woods in tick season! 
My goal for this week was no crappy news! All of the of the previous weeks have had whammies; kids home for 2 weeks, then a month, then the rest of the year, then "Shelter in Place," and last week I lost my job, and Ted's pay was cut. I didn't dare ask, 'What more could happen?' but I was hoping to get a breather from the blows! It was a great week considering this was the goal.

This has been in the works for weeks, finally just skipped the stripes and are going all blue! 
Officially it was "Spring Break," but since the kids do so little work, we tried to get some work done like usual. I worked throughout the week, (and VIP Kid bookings have picked up which is very exciting!). Ted worked like usual, and we tried to carry out our routines. Sadie was way more resistant and three days in a row she gladly let Hudson help her, when she was screaming at me (not insulting at all!) I welcomed the help knowing all kids will play favorites at times!

This week I felt tuned in on my friendships, I have friends that 'Don't believe" in the virus or following the recommendations, I have friends that are doing a lot of complaining. Then I have friends that are checking in, more than ever, one dropped off goodies for Sadie and Hudson, we're video chatting, and texting daily. One of my amazing neighbors got a bunny costume and did a drive by in the neighborhood! There is so much out there about "We're all in this together" and in many ways we are, but then it feels like when the clutter of daily life settles, the truths are more visible.
A neighborhood next to my grandma's building did a parade. It was so touching seeing the family cars decorated and families waving and honking together. 

We did some baking on Monday and I dug out the aprons, Hudson sure has grown! It's sad to think how long has it been since he put an apron on! 

We died eggs on Monday and have been eating them throughout the week! 

One morning while Ted and I were working, the kids rearranged Sadie's room on their own and wanted me to take a picture. Love their teamwork. 

Easter Bunny drive-by! Love my neighbors :) 

We have "dessert night" every other night which just means we can have dessert. The kids compete for who can make mom and dad's desserts. I usually don't want dessert after dinner, but how could I resist?!

Bamboo forest 

One Iris in our yard is blooming, more to come this week!


There's so many amazing resources, sites, etc, out there, but i've pretty much ignored all of them. I've pretty much ignored the news, I have no idea where our numbers are, is it going up or down, how does Virginia fare, etc. No matter what, I'd just focus on meeting the needs of my family, and following the recommendations.
Azaleas in our yard, starting to bloom!


Day one of Curly Girl

NOTE: I wrote this post in April and then did not publish it...more to come. :) 

Comments