2019: Ted and Sadie's Birthday


Ted and Sadie's Birthday, September 20, 2019

Family party; September 15, 2019 We have separate birthdays for both sides of the family because our families are large and we think it's more enjoyable with up to 18 rather than up to 30 at a time. Ted's side has 10 kids, and 8 adults, my side has 4 kids, and usually 7 adults.

This year's Dangerfield party was held on Sunday, Sept. 15 at my brother and sister in laws house. With so many birthdays in the family at a time, we decided to start combining celebrations. This is the only picture I took at the party but it was a good time!
Birthday girls; Annie-Kate (7) and Sadie (6)



Friday, September 20, 2019
Sadie opened a few presents in the morning and a few in the afternoon, She had a routine Dental cleaning in the morning (she helped schedule it!), and after school we drove to the lake for the weekend and Grandma Sue had dinner and Apple Crisp waiting for us!
Sadie wanted to show off her new winter coat! (I got it at Goodwill for $5.50 and washed it! She needed one anyway so this was a super win!) 

Ted and I took a half'-day so that we could sign our refinance paperwork! We started the process over a month before and scheduled for 12:30. Ted worked a half day and I was busy with Sadie at the dentist and had 1 work appointment.  I was hoping we would go out to celebrate afterwards, but Ted said he really wanted to get to the Lake, so we went home, packed, and were ready to take off when the kids arrived!

Apple Crisp a la Mode at the Lake, what could be better?!
Saturday, September 21. We planned this party about 6 weeks in advance, my family was there, and some of Ted's friends and coworkers.  I took very few pictures as is the case at the best parties, we're too busy enjoying ourselves. We lucked out on the weather, and even though the water was low, there were boat rides (Thanks Mike) and some swimming. A glorious day!

Here's Hudson wowing the crowd with a few magic tricks.

And that was it! Nice and simple but special. Sadie's teacher had suggested at back to school night that parents not send anything in for birthdays, fine with me! I didn't feel like I needed to meet her for lunch since I brought her to school late with the dentist appointment (plus I couldn't have anyway with the refinance). She had asked to have a sleepover but it hasn't come up again, if it does we'll definitely schedule it! Ted was thrilled with the party, and what better gift then going from 4.625% on a mortgage to 3.375%?! The gift that keeps giving! 


For previous celebrations, see here







Comments