Anniversary 2016

It's the big 1-0!!

For the first few years of marriage I envisioned an extra band of diamonds for my 10 year anniversary. As the years went on, my idea of the "perfect" 10 year gift changed. Earlier this year, we were planning on going to Key West for a getaway, but as the year progressed, Kitchen renovations took over and escalated. I still wanted to getaway so we're going to Virginia Beach for 3 days. We leave next weekend for that and are really looking forward to it!!

This year, Our anniversary fell on a Saturday! Since I'm so sentimental I started thinking about what I wanted to do months ago. I decided on hiring a mutual friend to take pictures of us at a local park! I knew this would be somewhat painful for the other 3 members of my family, BUT I haven't tortured them with studio pictures in a few years, and I wanted some updated, nice photos for around the house. We planned the pictures for the morning so everyone is at their best, and we'd have the rest of the day to do whatever the moods and weather dictate! (I don't have the pictures yet, but wanted to get this post up anyway, so stay tuned.)

We were busy with pictures from 10-12:30, we went home and ate some lunch and a few of us zonked out on the couch! I rallied with some coffee while Ted napped, and the kids played quietly. It was such a beautiful day, so after a few hours we got everyone together to go out the park. We had a nice walk, and we've learned to bring Hudson's bike and he can go the distance without complaint!



We were planning on ordering carry-out from our favorite, yet a bit unreliable, Afghan restaurant. The calls didn't go through so we went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant nearby, I enjoyed a $3 margarita. The kids were BOTH asleep before 8 (Miracle!), and Ted and I watched Ant-Man.


Magical 10 year? Not really. Perfect? Yes! Finding joy is all about seeing and enjoying the everyday time with those you love and knowing that not every minute will be perfect and stress-free, you have to make up for that by having some fun too!

Anniversary posts:
2009-2015

Comments