Sweet corn


I've posted before about our rows of corn. Ted and I were excited to come home from vacation and check on our corn. Much to our delight, some was ready to be harvested. We gobbled up a few ears yesterday, and I decided to pick some more today. These three sweeties pictured here live next door. They moved in about a month ago, and they come over and play every day. They are the sweetest kids possible and such a good influence for Hudson, who is also sweet, but painfully shy. They come over and keep the kids engaged while I cook dinner, so today I shared some of the corn, especially since they've been excitedly watching it grow too! Alex, 5, said "This is the best thing I ever tasted!" So sweet!

We are ridiculously excited about our corn! Not only did it require minimal effort, but also minimal expense! A $3 packet of organic corn seeds from Home Depot. I guess we also need to count the bags of top soil that were needed to replace what was pulled up to make the bed, where useless and ugly monkey grass took over. Our garden is thriving and I love that Ted and Hudson are getting involved this year too. In fact we're talking about extending our gardening bed to allow for more edibles! Right now we're growing: Corn, beans, cantaloupe, cucumbers, basil, dill, rosemary and we have some volunteer peppers and tomatoes. 

Comments