Family traditions/habits: Advent




I love the idea of advent and getting ready/excited for Christmas. I started the chocolate advent calendar 2 years ago, and it was fun but I wanted to do something more meaningful. More meaningful but the thought of more substantial chocolates sounded costly and burdensome and I didn't really like using another "food is reward" outlet since we do that plenty already.
Meanwhile I had been on the hunt for an advent calendar thing that seemed cool and permeant, one that we could build a tradition on. I don't know if my mother in law knew I was looking for one, but she gave me this one from Cracker Barrel last Christmas.
Earlier this week, I had the thought that Ted and I could write notes to the other 3 people with what we love, are proud of, appreciate, etc. We'd read the notes at dinner each night. Surprisingly Ted agreed to participate and liked the idea. This way the kids will hear two nice things each night and we'll each hear one too. I'm thinking Hudson is going to want to participate on writing notes but I'm not going to push it. Sadie's of course too young but I think it will benefit everyone to express and hear statements gratitude and praise. Tomorrow's day one, I'll let you know how it goes!!

Family Traditions:
Advent
Friday Night Movie
Pumpkin Patch
Dentist and Donuts 

Comments