At last!




What does this picture mean to me? It almost brings tears to my eyes. My rings have not fit for at least 14 months. A full six months after I lost my baby weight. This was very humbling and frustrating. It's the old jealousy thing again, there's a handful of women who had their baby within a few weeks of Sadie's arrival and they could all wear their rings within a few months or even hours after delivery. It didn't seem fair that even after loosing the 40+ pounds they still didn't fit. It really didn't make sense because I had already gained at least 15 pounds when they still fit in pregnancy!! The only thing giving me hope was I had heard that nursing can make the body retain water, no matter what. I decided I wouldn't get my rings resized until after I was done nursing. Now that I've reduced from 7+ nursing/pumpings a day to 4 my rings finally fit again, still snug, but I can get them off with out panicking! A nice little Tuesday lesson of patience.

Comments