Vacation Journal: Southern Shore, Part I

It's been two years since our last family vacation to the beach! This year, we stayed in Southern Shores, NC with my parents, and brother and his family. It was wonderful to get away, be together and make memories. Not to say there were not stressful times, but overall we had a great time and I am eager to plan our next vacation.

During the week, I jotted quick notes about each day. Rather than tediously flushing out each sentence, I'll just fill in with pictures!

Day one:
Left at 8:10 AM, arrived at 12. Walk on the beach, delicious lunch and beer. Playground at the restaurant, score. Mike and Courtney met us, house by 4, settle in, walk on the beach, dinner, grocery shop, kids slept great!!
 Can a family of four fit all of their stuff in a sedan for a week's vacation? YES! We did, and we used one take of gas the entire vacation; driving there, driving around all week, and driving back. We even used air conditioning the whole time. Pretty cool!
 Sadie's first time touching sand. She smiled and clapped as soon as she saw the beach but she didn't particularly enjoy the feeling of sand, or the cold ocean water.
 Ted and I were eager to walk on the beach after the car ride!
Yummy lunch at Outer Banks Brewing Station.



Evening walk, I love the lighting!

Day 2:
Breakfast, walk, beach, quiet time, backyard play, dinner, Father's Day.
This is the best picture I could get of the four kids! Hopefully someone else got a better one but anyone can tell they are a cute, lively bunch!

Day 3:
5 am, walk on beach, full Mike breakfast, 2.5 mile walk, shopping, Sooey BBQ lunch, naps, play at house, baby pool, Ted made dinner while watching the World Cup game, beach at night.

Sadie woke up at 5, and I was excited to take her out for a walk on the beach. She loved it, I loved the quiet time, and especially loved seeing these dolphins. Nice to have some calm, peaceful moments.










OK I'm loosing blogging steam. I'll finish the rest of the week, later this week, I promise!

Comments