Part time job; baby food

It's no wonder every mom is a working mom, and mom's that get paid to work don't have enough hours in the day. It's easy to feel overwhelmed. When I went back to work in December it was part time (28 hours). I thought I'd have time to get it all done in the other 12+ hours each week, not hardly. It's not like I sit back and relax so I started paying attention to how much time my responsibilities take each day. Pumping and nursing I estimate to be 3 hours a day which includes set up and clean up. Now the next dimension is baby food.
Sadie started solids about 6 weeks ago, and she now eats about 16 -20 oz. a day of solids. This amount is only slightly less than what she drinks each day. I believe in making my own baby food mostly due to the waste and expense of the jars and pouches. I could talk at length about all of the steps but basically I do a mix of buying produce, cooking and pureeing it, buying canned food and pureeing it, and buying jarred baby food.
Here's what my fridge looks like tonight. This will last about 2-3 days.



Here is the freezer:



Tonight I cooked a butternut squash, and two sweet potatoes. I puréed 2 cans of unsalted green beans and two cans of unsalted peas. In order to maintain variety I make a few containers and put the rest in ice cube trays, then pop the cubes into labeled zip locks, then I can make combinations easily. So far Sadie approves!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments