Celebrations: Mother's Day

Each Holiday I think of what I was doing last year, and the year before that, etc. Starting today, I'm going to briefly write what my family was up to, and how we celebrate. For the sake of simplicity/sanity, I'll just go back to the first celebrations with Hudson. Each year, I'll just dig it up from the archive and update...here we go, our first installment:

2009: May 10, I was on Martha's Vineyard and we went to Aquinnah, Menemsha and Squibnocket (That's all I wrote down for the day!)
A day or two before Mother's Day. I was so excited to be sharing this part of my childhood with Hudson. 

Meeting H's great grandma, and her FIRST great grand child. I love this picture! 

On Mother's Day, slightly exhausted but happy!

2010: May 9, We had a barbecue at our new house! My mom, mother in law, grandma in law and sister in law all enjoyed the beautiful weather and hanging out in the yard and on the deck. What could be better than family, a beautiful day, and finally having space so that everyone can relax and be comfortable?!



2011: May 8, We visited with extended family from 1-5.


2012: May 13, Ted and I had a date night and we went to see the Avengers Movie, and eat Sushi. I don't have any pictures from that day, but here are some pictures from May 2012.

We like to play together!

Here's the reason to celebrate Mother's Day! 


We spent about $250 on an insane about of mulch. It only took about 2 weeks for the weeds to poke through.Here the beds are new, we've since dug them up and are going to fill in with mostly grass.


 

I couldn't believe this picture was from 2 years ago. We had dinner at the Boathouse and then walked around. It was a Friday night, let's do it again soon Christine!!

2013: May It was a beautiful day and I was feeling great! 5 months pregnant, on antibiotics from my weird arm cyst, and a few days away from going on vacation for a week with my family, what could be better? Well what could be better than Sweet Frog, spending gift cards at the mall, and a walk through the park, it was great spending time together, out and about.
 



2014: May 11, This year we were at the lake with my brother and his family, and my parents which is now 10 people. Saturday was overcast, but we still managed to have a boat ride, and the kids did not mind the chilly water so Alyssa and Hudson went swimming! We enjoyed a big dinner, finished off by Carrot Cake. On Sunday most of my day was spent taking care of Sadie. She was up for 4 hours in the night. I think she would wake up, not recognize her surroundings and panic, and unfortunately she took a while to soothe back to sleep AND be able to put her back in her crib successfully. It's usually like this on our first night in a new place, and the next night is great. The kids went on another boat ride and swimming outing. I honestly didn't mind the quiet time but I did start to get antsy. We made our way back home at 4 PM, and picked up my Granny for a Mother's Day Dinner at our house. We ordered delivery which arrived about 5 minutes after I got home with Granny. We played some games and enjoyed the relaxing evening! Hudson made some cards and pictures for me at school which I cherish. Ted picked out some flashy earrings at a recent craft show, and Hudson picked out a ceramic butterfly.

2015: May 10
We had a wonderful time at one of my favorite places, Lewis Ginter Botantical Garden! We had the luxury of going with my aunt, cousin and cousin's wife which was an added bonus as they all happen to be in town from Spain and New York City!



2016: May 8
Well I loved being at Lewis Ginter so much last year, that I requested we go again!!


2017: May 14


Other  Posts in the Celebrations Series:
Easter
Monica's Birthday
Mother's Day
Father's Day
September 20th, Ted's and Sadie's Birthday
Anniversary
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas




Comments