Shopping with two

I actually love taking the kids to the grocery store. I don't bring them if I'm going to be reading a lot of labels, but really, that's rarely the case. Today I needed to pick up something for a potluck at work tomorrow, so I picked them up from daycare and we headed off. Hudson gets to pick his cart, and he picks if he wants to ride in the cart, stand on the back or the front or push. Usually it ends up being some combination of all. About halfway through today's trip he wanted to sit up front with Sadie. First he checked the safety warning pictures on the seat to make sure it was okay. I wasn't sure if he would fit up front with his legs through the slots but he did. Hudson loves to see the price of things and tell me if it's healthy or not. We never established the ritual that he would get a treat each trip, so he doesn't ask. Yesterday we found out we can ask for a free cookie at the bakery--I didn't not know about this, but will certainly remember it should the need arise! I usually ask if there's something he needs, and he's getting really good at remembering!




Today he really wanted a pear, although he couldn't remember the name of them, and when I asked he likes them, he said he didn't know, but boy was he excited about the pear! He wanted to carry it the whole time, and it was the first thing he wanted to tell Ted about when we got home.



That was today's adventure, let's see how we fare during the next 3 days of rain!

Comments