Archive: Parting is such sweet sorrow


This post was written 3/16/12, I'm not sure why I didn't write the few sentences needed to publish it, but it's kind of a fun timepiece. Look at that cute little boy, and I feel like I look so much younger too, hmmm. And why is the end table drawer missing....so many mysteries. 

This week I said goodbye to two things that I wasn't quite ready to part with, although I admit I was part of the decisions!
First my car, Frank. This was the first and only car that I've legitimately bought.
We donated the car to goodwill and I felt good that I was giving it to someone that needed it. Ultimately we got a letter that said it was too old to be considered reliable (14 years) and it was sold for parts. This made me a bit sad but I couldn't rely on it any more, and was nervous every time I went to start it, so it was time to part. I'm happy to have a sedan again! 


Second, our couch! This was our first big purchase after  our wedding. I LOVED this couch. It was so comfy although in the winter it did produce a lot of static. Ted wanted to get rid of the wrap around style and get two separate couches to better accommodate a crowd. He was very passionate about this, and my friend wanted to buy the couch so I relented. Now I get to cozy up to the couch every month or so. 

I like these couches for their easy care, and no static!

Comments