Today's picture: organize

Now there are blogs out there that can make you feel inadequate. Blogs that make you feel less-than, or guilty. This is not one of them. I think it's important to be honest. Here's our home office.



This isn't even the worst of it. This picture is after about 5 hours of organizing. Ted and I have not done any filing for about a year and a half. We paid the bills but the "to be filed" pile kept growing and growing. Who wants to spend the evening filing? No one. Who can file with one, then two young kids around? Not us anyway. I never have the stamina or focus to work on it in the evenings. As the pile grew it just got more overwhelming. There are two factors that make the office less inviting; insufficient lighting and uncovered windows. I've been meaning to get those addressed for years now! Now my motivation is to address the organizing and my reward will be blinds on the windows, recessed lights, and an actual desk chair. I have no idea why this is the only room in the house that didn't have window coverings or lights but now that we've been here 4 years it's time to address it! I am so excited to make this a functional space again.

I'm using the cardboard boxes for back taxes, credit card and health care statements. I dedicated another one to Hudson's art and momentoes, and started one for Sadie. There's a fourth one for my contract work files. Many hours were spent simply organizing these boxes but I feel confident we'll be able to keep up the system now that one is started.

Many more hours were spent on the file cabinet behind the desk. Filtering out all of the papers that are not needed and organizing and labeling the file and hanging folders.

The funny part is I love to organize and declutter, apparently just not papers!

You know where to find me this week!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments