Blah!

5 PM Monday - 7 PM Tuesday were my most challenging 26 hours of parenting. At least in recent memory. Here's the rundown

5 PM, terrible stomach cramps, hungry? maybe.
5-9PM, still terrible, let the cleansing begin. Meanwhile trying to help get the kids down.
9PM - 4AM, Total cleansing, restless sleep, so uncomfortable, Sadie waking me up as usual. Ted was quite the nurse and at 4AM I woke up feeling thirsty and confident I could keep some water down.
4:30 AM, Hudson comes in "something happened" he threw up in his bed. Ted cleaned up and I told Ted he's staying home to take care of us!
8 AM, When I asked Ted if he's going to take Sadie to her well-baby appointment today, he groaned and said he didn't feel good. Oh boy.

8AM-7PM All four of us were home, Ted and I switched off taking naps. Ted never got sick but also didn't eat or drink all day. Hudson barely ate, and I tried to eat although I didn't have much of an appetite given my recent experience with food.
We all had half a bagel for dinner and I could not wait to get to bed. This was the first time Ted and I were both sick at the same time, and Tuesday was torturous, I was totally depleted, exhausted, could barely even pick up Sadie and felt like a zombie. Finally at about 5 PM it occurred to me that I probably wasn't making much milk for Sadie and should give her some bottles, glad I did because she slept great and I felt like a million bucks when I woke up from about 10 hours of sleep!
Thankfully Aunt Pam was able to come over for a few hours to provide some relief. Hudson was good as gold, I don't know how he had the stamina to stay awake all day, watch TV and play with barely eating or drinking anything. He was even in great spirits and simply said he wasn't hungry.
Even when we were enduring this, I thought at least this is temporary and we'll be stronger for it. (Not to mention down 2.5 pounds, score!) Lesson learned; use hand sanitizer after picking up the kids from daycare!

Comments