Christmas Cards Soapbox




I love sending Christmas cards and I wasn't sure I would get them done before Christmas. I began the stuffing, and addressing last week. Going back to work this week put a stop to any Christmas preparations. After driving Sadie and I up to my parents' house I stayed up until midnight to get 'er done! Since I can't wrap presents on my road trip to New Jersey, I am simply going to relax, Sadie permitting!



Right now she is permitting!

Now for the soapbox portion of today's post;

I found this article to be very thought provoking...

Thank you for your self-serving and impersonal Christmas card. It's lovely. (Sorry, I can't figure out how to link, you'll kist have to cut and paste!)
http://m.washingtonpost.com/opinions/thank-you-for-your-impersonal-and-self-serving-holiday-card-its-lovely/2013/12/06/af9066a6-5b86-11e3-a66d-156b463c78aa_story.html

I agree that a personal, handwritten note would be lovely, but as I recall, before photo cards were mainstream, people simply bought a box of card and maybe signed them. Personal notes were rare even 20 years ago. I for one love getting photo cards and christmas letters. If seeing happy families makes the recipient feel annoyed rather than happy for the family then perhaps some personal reflection is needed.

Your thoughts?

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments