Pregnancy Journal: Weeks 32-36

I can't believe it's already been another month, and I write this, I'm over 37 weeks along! Ekk! On the one hand, I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER but, on the other, I'm a little spooked that the baby is coming out in a few short weeks, ready or not. I've really feeling like I haven't given enough time and thought to the anticipation but I think that's because this time around I have a house to maintain and a child that keeps me busy (oh and working full time). I don't come home and sit after my work day, I make dinner, spend time with Hudson, get him to bed, then get ready for the next day, just like everyone else. Here we go, the last month in a nutshell!

Week 32: July 25-31





Lots of Carpel Tunnel this week, and leg cramps. We had fun trip to Northern Virginia to visit with friends and family.

Week 33: August 1-7

Hudson's getaway and my major nesting streak! Hudson took the picture above! I also got professional pictures taken, which I'll share some day!

Week 34: August 8-14

 Our Saturday of Firsts and a fun visit from my friend Beth, and her family. Hudson stayed home with a fever August 13-14, and I certainly didn't mind staying home with him!

Week 35: August 15-21

Week of baby showers! I had my baby shower with friends and family on the 17th (which I need to do a separate post about)! Then on the 20th my work threw a baby shower/pot luck lunch for me which was super sweet. On top of that, my book club surprised me with kids books at our get together on the 21st. It was so sweet to have so many nice distractions from the normal routines, (and aches and pains) right now! I was all aglow for the week! (Still working on thank you notes, please be patient! :))
In other news, I had my 36 week sonogram (one day early) all is well, and I asked the doctor to check me because I feel like the baby is pushing low, and sure enough, he or she is starting the descent!

Week 36: August 22-28
Sleep is getting harder to come by, as is getting down on the floor for play with Hudson and my work kids. Everyday chores are getting to be more of a hassle. I'm still doing all of the cooking, grocery shopping, vacuuming, laundry etc., and I think I'll hand over the reigns very, very soon. Feeling very tired from the full work day. Trying to get super excited, but mostly just super excited that the baby will be OUT soon! I'll be able to feel my fingers again, look at my feet without disgust, roll over without grunting, get up without straining and walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded. I know there will be other aches and pains and hardships but at least I'll have a cute baby to look at! 

Stay tuned, it's about to get very exciting around here!!

UPDATE!!! This was the last pregnancy journal entry I did, even though I went all 40 weeks, +1 day! Here are the next few posts in this adventure.

Come on Labor Walks
Hello World
What Maternity Leave is really like
What it's really like having two children

Comments