Pesto mania

I'm going to try to be better at posting, even if its in sentence fragments! Here's what I've been up to lately...



My frozen stock is growing!

I just made a double batch of pesto last week, but since this is my basil plant, I'm harvesting as much as I can.



It's hard to tell from the picture how full it is, but I took 6 cups last week and another six today, and there's plenty more!

Now for the pesto!



I use a simple recipe that's book- marked on my phone so I get the proportions about right; basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. To make it slightly healthy I throw peas in and add extra oil to compensate. Once it's all puréed up (God
Bless the powerful blender) I toss it with pasta and canned chicken that I've drained. I add the pesto gradually to make sure the proportions are right.
The whole family loves green pasta, it's slightly healthy and oh so tasty and easy!



Bon appetite!

Comments