Hudson Beach Weekend/Staycation Babymoon

Over a month ago, Ted's parents asked if they could take Hudson to the beach for a long weekend. Our first reaction was, "Of Course!!" my next thought was "Oh my god, I'm going to freak out!" They were nervous he was going to be homesick and not have fun. I didn't think that would happen at all, I figured he would have a great time! My challenge was over the course of this pregnancy, I've had about a dozen dreams that something tragic happens to Hudson due to our negligence. Like we leave him home alone to go to a movie, or he's hit by a car. In most of the dreams, Ted is like 'oh he's fine, he's sleeping' while I am FREAKING OUT that our boy is running through the house in a panic looking for us. Anyway these dreams have disturbed me so much that I keep asking Ted, "You would never leave him alone right?"
Obviously my anxiety/hormones are high! I do think it's important to let us others take care of your child, and I knew it would be a great experience for all of them, and for me to let go a little too!
Thursday
Ted's parents picked up Hudson from daycare to head to the beach. I checked in a few times, and although the conversations were brief he seemed to be doing well! The uploaded pictures to the photo stream that brightened my day!






You already heard about our first meal out when Hudson was at the beach. After dinner, we walked over to a nearby furniture store to start our one concrete mission for weekend; getting a dresser, that will double as a changing table for baby. We got a dose of sticker shock though when most dressers were around $800 and we weren't even thrilled with them.
Friday,
A regular day at work, I was thinking about Hudson all day, but trying not to worry. Ted went to Redskins training camp, Happy Hour, and out to play Magic with friends. I had a chill evening on the couch with Call the Midwife on Netflix (I had control of the Netflix!), painting my nails and a delicious dinner with my friend, Christine!






Saturday,
Ted helped pull baby stuff out of our closets and attic. Accomplishments over Saturday and Sunday included; Washing and adjusting the infant carseats, washing the baby tub, swing, play mat, sheets, blankets, NB-6 month clothes, wiping down all of the board books, lining drawers in the bureau, folding and putting away all of those clothes. Whoa it was a lot!



Sometime Saturday, some loads of laundry done, but much sorting and laundry to go! 

Also on Saturday we went to a few thrift stores, flea markets to look at dressers, and surfed Craig's List. We had an amazing lunch at a local gas station, no joke! The Box had high reviews on Yelp and is 2 miles from our house. It was slow because it was all made fresh, but oh so amazing! This was my veggie platter for like $7!


We had a lovely dinner at my aunt Pam's house, and played Dominion when we got home.



Sunday,
We thought we'd be seeing Hudson around 2 or so on Sunday. When we called to check in, they said they were going to go on a Pirate Cruise at 12 and then to the Williamsburg Outlets so it would be more like 5. Turned out to be 630, but while my heart ached, I was actually grateful to finish all of the chores in the baby's room! Without this gift of time, it would have taken forever with the many Hudson interruptions, or having to do it in my half-conscious weeknight state of exhaustion. OR it would be after the baby is born when I will once again be half-conscious!






We met the in-laws at their house at 6:30, Ted and I picked up pizzas, and I mentally braced myself when we arrived that Hudson would probably not run over to us. It was good I tried to steel myself, he didn't want to so much as talk to us, or look up from the toy he was playing with. I tried my hardest not to take this personally, and that it is actually a wonderful sign that he can separate from us and feels confident and secure with others. The grownups and kid definitely seem to have bonded over the 4 days, and definitely good for me to let go a little, and dare I say enjoy the break!

Comments