Vacation Journal: Days 5-6

Saturday:
It was another workout morning and Hudson was happy to pass most of the time on the beach! This time he rolled up his pants and actually enjoyed dipping his feet in the 50 degree water! Not me! Setting foot on the sand where the water had just rolled over was cool enough!
Lots more people in town today, I wonder how far and wide people travel from to come over for the day or weekend!



I still managed to get this picture with no one else in it! Look at that water! I don't ever remember it so clear and lovely!

The Flying Horses are only open on the weekends right now, so we had to take a few twirls!



I was happy to watch from the side, but I couldn't get a good picture, so the second time I rode. One time was definitely enough for me!

After the workout, we wanted to try a different restaurant, so we checked out A Slice of Life Cafe in Oak Bluffs. It was delicious and we definitely saw many more items we want to check out on the menu!
After lunch Ted took Hudson to play and check out the game shop so I can shop by myself! Such a luxury! I bought a tablecloth and two pairs of earrings. I'm a terrible tourist, I don't buy gifts for anyone else, just myself. 45 minutes was all the me-time I needed, we met back up, took the scenic way to the grocery store (our third trip so far!) and headed home.
Tonight was prime rib night at one of my family's favorite restaurant, Ocean View, so we had a delicious and lovely outing with them!

Sunday:
Today was the horse show which my cousin was excited to watch, and since we're up anyway, why not check it out?!



It was cute to watch the local kids compete and we ran into a family friend.



After the show we returned home and taught Hudson UNO before lunch.



He's not yet playing by himself but he's catching on!
After lunch we headed out to Aquinnah.



I don't think it could be any more clear of a day! I love going up here because its such a beautiful view and there are a few shops that I love to check out! Ted took Hudson to check out the light house and I bought a few more pairs of earrings!






Our belly shot at 22 weeks!

We went on to Chilmark chocolates (hooray!) we needed to because the whole family was invited over to a friend's house for cocktails, and I was picking up a box for them. As much as I love just being here I really love meeting up with locals to learn more about island life.
Even though it had clouded over and turned chilly, we had a fun few hours of eating bluefish dip, checking out the boat overhaul project and chasing the family's chickens. Oh and visiting too!
Since we were around the corner from Menemsha we picked up some lobster bisque and clam chowder for dinner. Delicious!

Just one more full day to soak it all in!

Vacation Journal: Day 7

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. Great travel post!! You are hitting my favorite sites too :) It is fun to think of them as they might seem to Hudson. xxoo Grantie Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment