Pregnancy Journal: Weeks 13-19

I've shared weeks 1-4 and weeks 5- about 13 and now it's time to catch you up on the last month or so!
It seemed like a gradual miracle as my morning sickness faded and I was able to leave the house at 9:30 AM, then 9 AM and now I'm leaving everyday by 8 without a problem. I've recently had a small resurgence of nausea but I think that's because I may not be eating enough for my now bigger baby, so I'm back to just eating whatever, whenever I want! Just this week I started getting nausea at 9, I stopped at McDonalds and got a full breakfast and felt much better! I guess my oatmeal is not cutting it anymore!
Generally my symptoms are very few, I'm sleeping great, and don't have any of the common complaints. I do get tired, so I'm trying to stop activities before I'm TOO tired, and I think I'm going to have a slightly lighter work load soon which I (though not Ted) am very much looking forward to.
Last week I got a check for my birthday and while I usually simply deposit it and somewhat forget about it. This time I kept a note (on my phone) of the money spent until I was down to zero. Among my self-gifts was a Doppler  There are a handful of things that were not available when I was pregnant with Hudson over 4 years ago. A $30 Doppler is definitely one of them. Some feel they would panic if they can't find the heartbeat, and therefore don't want one of these. I see it as an opportunity to check in and bond with baby everyday! A few friends have these, so I got to try it out, and best of all Hudson loves to hear the baby too!

Week 19

Week 18




Week 17

Week 15
Early on, I bought a Belly Book and have been logging my weeks and trying to take at least one picture each week. I LOVE looking back at my first one, comparing and sharing with Hudson just how big I'm going to get! I was hoping to gain less than 40 LBS like I did with Hudson but my weight gain is already on track with last time. Which was a little disappointing because I'm eating so much better this time (aside from the horrible weeks) but I've accepted it and am buying new clothes as needed!! (I needed a lot of new clothes anyway since I'll be huge in the summer instead of the winter.)

Generally, I'm feeling fabulous and it's slowly sinking in that this is really, actually happening! I'm also excited that two of my sister in laws, and two friends are due in August/September too! This summer is going to be full of baby showers and wonderful celebrations!

Comments