Feeling the Birthday Love.

I'm feeling very, very fortunate this year so I didn't crave my birthday time and attention as much as other years. All the same I believe in celebrating, and I'm trying to instill that in my little family. We build up birthdays and make sure we celebrate with each other and extended family. My birthday was Wednesday  but the fun started on Saturday with our date night.
On Tuesday night I came home from getting my haircut to find cake baking in the oven! (Although it wasn't a total surprise because I called Ted from the grocery store and he asked me to pick up icing, but that's okay, I'll take it :))






On Wednesday, the Facebook greetings flowed in and it is the one day a year that Facebook actually gives me warm fuzzies. It's such a treat to hear from dozens of people from all over, every aspect of my life, sending greetings, even when it's as simple as "Happy Birthday" which really only takes 30 seconds, but still it's 30 seconds I know they thought of me which is a sweet sentiment!
I had a regular work day with four home visits and during one of them I received a voicemail that Edible Arrangements attempted a delivery. Oh what a thrill! I found it was from my dear, dear, friend Carrie! Such a treat, and dark chocolate too, my favorite!



In the evening we had a lovely meal at Crab Louis with my Aunt, Grandma and Mother in Law. More deliciousness!



I got out of bedtime duty to go for a long walk around the neighborhood and returned home to shower, get in bed, and reply to the FB posts. A lovely day all around!
Thursday, I arrived at the office to find little treats on my desk! I was taken aback--I've never worked in a place where coworkers do this!



On Thursday night Hudson and I headed up to northern VA to visit with family, friends and take Hudson on the metro to visit some museums!
The fun continues...

Comments