Semi-Productive weekend: Updating Photographs

I had a mostly lazy, but still somewhat productive weekend, centering on the theme of updating photos. My household has seen a lot of changes over the last six months with my aunt and grandma moving out, and Ted, Hudson and I are shuffling things around. Some painting began this weekend, but I'll reveal those photos later. While Ted was painting, I focused on framing and changing out old photos out of our current frames.

The updating really began on Thursday night when I uploaded dozens of pictures to Costco's website for printing, something I haven't done in about a year. Prints are so cheap (.13) so I just print a bunch of my favorites and figure I'll decide later where to place each one. I also finally uploaded these awesome pictures of my Ted's siblings and families that were taken at Thanksgiving.

The four D. siblings with spouses and kids. Taken Thanksgiving 2012. 
This is an 11x14, which meant the edges got cut off. When will standard size frames catch up digital photography? I swear it's a conspiracy to get people to do custom framing! I would have gone larger, but this was the largest available for a standard size frame. For now, this will have to do! This hangs upstairs between two rooms.
D. family column. 
We put each family shot in a 5x7 frame and hung them on a column the kitchen. Please ignore the Spackle spots, we do things one at a time, and sometimes not in the logical order. :)

We had a lot of extra frames, so I lined them up on Hudson's dresser. 
Hudson's dresser with family photos, and yes that's a Redskins Runner :)

These shelves were already up in our new lounge, so I relocated some frames to here. 
I collected these frames from other spots in the house, some places were a bit over crowded with frames. I just "updated" one of the photos because some of the others are some of my favorites.

Pictures of girlfriends in my bedroom. 
I have pictures of my girlfriends in the bedrooms. 2 of the 3 of these just got updated from pictures that were 7 and 10-12 years old! One of these is three years old, the other just a few months. (Need another girls weekend soon for updating purposes.:))
Christmas 2012
I finally hung our Christmas photo which has sat framed on our dining room table for at least a month. (If you never got a Christmas card, my apologies but just give up, it was a busy time, and it just seems ridiculous for me to mail them now!)
All but 1 "new" pictures. 
This frame is on our first floor, and I changed out 8 of the 9 photos. I just love the center one too much to change it! I'm happy to say all of these are from the last 4 years, which is a vast improvement! 

Oh and keeping with the theme, I took Hudson to get his 4 year old pictures on Saturday, so that one will be appearing here soon too!

I hope you had a great weekend too!

Comments