Today's project: Christmas Card Collage

Last week I posted this picture....
I LOVE getting Christmas cards, especially the ones with pictures. (Which doesn't mean that I've gotten mine out in time this year...but I won't dwell on that right now! :)) Last night, while reading Wheat Belly, somehow my mind went to, "I want to make a collage of all of the pictures from our Christmas Cards, frame it, and hang it in the downstairs bathroom." So first thing this morning I took down all of the cards, and spread them out on the dining room table to see about what size frame I would need.
I went with an 11x16. I spread out the pictures on the sheet of paper enclosed in the frame, then started snipping, arranging, and picking my favorite picture(s) when the card had multiple pictures. I laid it all out then started the tedious task of taping it down. Fortunately, at exactly this time, my Granny woke up from a nap and wanted to help! She rolled the tape and I did all of the arranging. I only used one piece of tape on each picture, that way I could easily switch which picture was on top of which corners, and move it slightly if need be. When I started, I wished I had double sided tape but really the regular tape made it so easy to re-position. The securing took way less time than I expected...which was probably mostly thanks to Granny keeping tape at the ready!
From all of the edited pieces of picture cards, I saved some of the cute greetings and icons. After securing all of the cards, I used the little bits of decoration to cover up the less tidy intersections. After that I flipped it over, and trimmed the edges. And that was it! Locked it up in the frame, hung it all on the wall and was DONE in an hour, maybe less.
I should have taken a picture before framing it, but I am SOOOO happy with how it turned out! So many of these friends I have not seen in over a year, and it's nice to see their smiling faces! Our downstairs bathroom is the most used by friends, and probably by everyone for that matter! I'm hoping friends will get a kick out of seeing familiar faces in this unexpected spot!

I enjoyed this craftiness so much, that I would be LOVE to do it for anyone that wants me to! (I won't get in to the fact that there are probably a hundred other things I SHOULD have been doing during naptime today, but that would be a very boring post... :)


Comments