Busy Week, again!

Once again, I apologize for leaving you hanging all week, please don't take it personally. We actually had things on 3 evenings this week, which for us is a lot! Two of which included hosting people at our house. But now it's Friday night, my favorite time of the week, when the whole weekend lies ahead. Since I quit being a classroom teacher, I actually enjoy my entire weekend without having the dark cloud of work looming overhead.

Here's a recap of our past week, since the Sock Monkey episodes....Friday, Nov. 30, Hudson and I were home. I took him to the doctor and we found out it's just a stomach bug. Hudson was more mellow than usual, but otherwise in good spirits. I thought we were in the clear, then he vomited 23 hours later, oh no!

Saturday, Family picture day at Portrait Innovations, we walked in for our 9 AM appointment and the place was already packed! I was nervous that Hudson was going to puke all over the place; the expensive screens, the lovely, patient, bubbly photograpers, and all of the cutie pies that came in their Christmas best. Fortunately we survived, and eventhough the wait was longer than I would have liked, the actually session was smooth and Hudson was cooperative, phew!

Tuesday, A work event for me at the Children's Museum, and Hudson got to come along. It was so fun to see all of my kids having a ball, and so awesome of Children's Museum to stay open an extra hour and a half for our private party (Which they donated!) yes I'm plugging them, because it was so generous. We had over 100 families come out! I was grumbling and exhausted from the extra long day, but on Wednesday I learned we can count it as work hours and mileage, that made everything better :)
Wednesday, Ted hosted game night, and you know what that means. Silly voices filled the house so Hudson and I had a picnic upstairs, watched Polar Express and I kept him up until 9 (Since he can't fall asleep with the boys being rancorous under his bedroom anyway!).

Thursday, Hudson's Christmas Pageant at school. We invited some friends, my aunt, and my mother and father in law to join us for dinner before the show. I made these pork chops which I didn't really like, but other people were enthusiastic about.  I bought the cake below from Martins/Ukrops, it's Ginger Spice Cake, awesome looking, and so delicious!


Here's Hudson being introduced as he entered. So serious, so well behaved, and so stinking adorable!! My heart melted the entire show as he sung along enthusiastically. At one point he was staring at the stars, but I'm okay with that. I was so upset I didn't have my "real" camera, the Iphone does not zoom well and I couldn't get a good shot from the back. Turns out parents bring their chairs a day or two before to set up and claim their spot. This momma was not in the know! That's okay though, I'm buying the $20 DVD so I can relive it for all time.
Here's Hudson post-show in his classroom with wild Hat hair! He was so proud!
How awesome are Corey and Christine for coming out for their honorary Nephew?! They are the best!

Friday, I've been stressing over the calendar that I make for my entire family side of the family. Each year I collect photos from everyone then put together the next year's calendar. The calendars are so enthusiastically received that how can I not continue?! I make one for myself and use it as a kind of family journal and write down a quick note about our day/events. Whoa, this project is a labor of love. I collected and organized the photos a few weeks ago, and tonight I uploaded them all, and made the calendar on the Costco website. I told Ted I was not coming up to bed until it is finished! Woohoo! Just like in college, I try to tell myself, 'It's not going to be perfect, just get 'er done, and move on!' It's done, six calendars ordered, and enough stamina left to also blog! Now I can really relax feeling confident they will be ready in time to be wrapped and distributed for the big day!

Good night all, I'll leave you with a new favorite tea, Candy Cane Lane, mildly minty and sweet, ahhhh, that's better!


Comments