Today's pic: Christmas Monkey



Christmas Sock Monkey

Sorry my dears, it's been a busy week! Over the last 10 days I have probably spent 10 hours (make that 20) shopping, another 10 hours cooking, and the rest working and being mom and wife as usual. I had a lovely Thanksgiving, but didn't feel like listing all that I am thankful for, sometimes that seems a little obnoxious. Today, I'm sharing a tender moment, these are growing more and more frequent as my little toddler is turning into a preschooler.

Tonight, while dinner was cooking, and we were cleaning up for my mother in law to come over for dinner, Hudson and I brought down the tub of Christmas kitchen linens and dishes. In it was this sweater, that arrived at our house on a bottle of wine one year. I didn't think I would regift-it, I wasn't sure what I was ever going to do with it, but seriously, it is a well-made sweater and I appreciate such things. Upon riffling through the tub of mostly dish clothes, Hudson came upon the sweater. Here's the dialogue that follows;
H: Let's put it on my monkey
M: OK you go up and get it, and I'll help you put it on.
H: You have to come with me, it's too dark.
M: You can reach the light, it's OK.
H: come with me.
(insert puppy dog eyes.)
M: OK
(arriving at his room, he looks at me perplexed.)
H: the monkey is not in here.
M: are you sure, you haven't looked.
H: it's in your room.
M: no there's no stuffed animals in my room.
H: come on mom, I'll show you.
(eyes roll while being lead down the hall, and thinking about the food on the stove.)
H: see mom.
(he pointed to my dresser, where yep, the monkey has sat for probably 2 months awaiting arm repair.)
I see the monkey every single day, at least 4 times, and I don't think he can even see it from his vantage point.

OMG This boy amazes me. Or maybe it's just amazing what a mind uncluttered by bills, appointments, work conversations, to do lists and laundry can retain. The whole time he was talking about the monkey I couldn't even visualize what monkey he was talking about! There you have it, how Sock Monkey became Christmas Sock Monkey (and bonus: the sweater covers up the rip in the seam, so no repair needed!).

Hope you had a day with at least 1 tender moment too!

Comments