Don't "Maybe" Me!

We had a party yesterday.  It was a stressful week leading up to this party because we sent out an Evite two weeks ago, and even up until the morning of, we only had one RSVP and the rest were maybes or no response. This was so aggravating, how do you plan for 7-40 people?! I even emailed and texted a few of them to get a response. I hate the "maybes," just commit and say yes or no! Whatever it is, I don't mind, just tell me! I feel like everyone just waits and sees what other opportunities arrise, and then decide. Maybe I'm too cynical, I'm not saying I'm the perfect guest either. Ted is way more cool than me (perhaps because he's not the one doing the cooking!), Ted just said "well we'll be here and we'll have fun so who cares who else comes?!" I tried to take on this perspective, and the pleasant surprise was that we ended up with 18 guests and had a great time. We both decided we will not do another Evite, unless perhaps, you can remove the "maybe" option. I wondered if maybe this happened because (A.) We have so many parties or (B) we are so relaxed (or at least I try to be) so people don't think we mind. Here are some picture highlights from the party. If anyone has an opinion on this, please share!

With my grumpiness, Ted willing took the reighs over the party. Which involved moving furniture, at least 4 trips to the grocery store and what felt like dozens of text messages. Ted was so pumped to set up the tv outside, and even though it was chilly we stayed outside the whole time! We served chili, various sausages off the grill and cornbread. Ted had fun shopping for beer yesterday and so many people brought beer that I think we ended up with more than we started with!
Enjoying the great outdoors, even though the game was a bust!


Hudson and his cousin in a cooperative moment.

As stressful as it was to prepare for this party, there were some wonderful surprises. Our neighbors that moved a few months ago, happened to be coming back to check on their house, so we were able to visit with them, and she brought over these beautiful bouquets of mums.

Another guest knew of Ted's love for Route 11 potato chips, and it just so happens that this friend is the nephew of the owner! He brought Ted this huge bag of Ted's favorite variety! This was an extra special treat since we've had trouble finding them in the Richmond area.
The party did have a very dark cloud over it as the game progressed. The Redskins Rule, has us all extra nervous about the election Tuesday! Other than that, it was a wonderful, exhausting day and now we're ready to start planning our December get together!

Comments