Crock Pot First!

So a few days ago I wrote about my sort-of successful Crock Pot Short Ribs. Today I did a first, I set up the Crock Pot before work with some Beef Stew. Making Beef Stew is a first in and of itself, but what a luxury to come home to the smell of dinner being ready! I know, I am YEARS behind the curve on this one, but I'm ok with that. I've actually only had a Crock Pot WITH a timer for a year. It only took about 20 minutes to set up this morning.  (I had printed the recipe and made sure I had everything for it a few days ago.) My new goal is to do this at least once a week!

By the way, after reading the Crock Pot Manual this morning, I learned it needs to be at least half full to operate efficiently. When I cooked the Short Ribs it was only a quarter full, so there was my first Crock Pot lesson!

Those of you that know me well may be wondering, "What is Monica doing with all of this Red Meat?" It's true, I don't usually eat a lot of red meat, and I certainly don't cook with it all that often. Truth is, I'm trying to branch out and expand my skill set.Another factor is that the Market that I've been shopping at has local meats, which is mostly beef and I am loving buying local, so I just go for whatever is available each week when I'm there. I've been doing so much blogging this week that I have yet to do my work notes from Monday, or read much in my book so I better sign off here...[really I'm probably going to Google Crock Pot recipes].

Here's where you share your favorite Crock Pot recipes with the rookie :) Happy almost Friday everyone!

Comments