Heart of Glass



Today my aunt, parents and I went to the Chihuly exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Here's just a small sampling of the 40+ pictures I took. I LOVE glass, this is my kind of exhibit, it's what I consider to be true art. You can get through it in about 30 minutes, and that's even with reading everything, that said, it's totally worth the admission to marvel for a bit. We still spent almost an hour breazing back through the exhibit and checking out the gift shop.
I first fell in love with Chihuly when I stumbled upon an instillation at the Bellagio in Las Vegas with some girlfriends in 2010. Then, three months later, I went to the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, WA and was in awe for hours. When I was scanning current events for my parent's visit, I was so excited this exhibit was opening this weekend and knew that they would be too! (They were with me in Tacoma.) I'm equally thrilled that Ted was not thrilled about it, so was a willing babysitter. Now that I've seen it once and got to soak it in, I hope to bring Hudson back to start practicing museum behavior. I'll let you know how that goes!

Comments