Goodbye Cable!

Ted called today to cut off out cable TV, and within 30 mins it was cut off! I was thinking "No biggie, I'll watch a few shows and say goodbye." But there was no time for that! Ted started the call after dinner, and by the time I put Hudson down, it was gone. As someone that for free cable for years (legally!) I was shocked by the turn around time.

We came to the decision together, partially to save money, but mostly because we don't use the cable TV enough to make it worthwhile. We have Netflix streaming so there's still plenty to watch. We also bought an antenna to receive local channels. I'm just alittle sad for Hudson, I really love the kids programming available now on Nick Jr., and Disney Jr. Hudson is not obsessed with tv though and sometimes days go by without the tv coming on so I'm hoping the impact will be minimal. I'll keep you posted on how we "survive." The funny part is 2 of Ted's 3 siblings also cut off their cable recently so maybe we're being trendy.

Comments