Tonight's project: attack the pantry

My pantry has been getting on my nerves for a few weeks now. I can't stand clutter and it was so cluttered I was just placing items wherever I felt reasonable sure they would not fall off. As a result, similar items were spread across 5 shelves. The two pictures may not look much different to the non-Monica eye, but I now know where everything is!
In the purging of old chip bags and condensing of cases of beer, I finally accepted the unusefulness of my "wedding" spice rack. For some reason I remember who gave me this spice rack as a wedding gift, and to you Katie, please don't take this personally. I registered for this spice rack, but after a few years of use I learned the tops were cheap and broke off and the spices are not high quality. I have been waiting to use up all of the spices, but today I seized the day. If I haven't used the spice in 6.5 years, then I really don't need it! There were a few that we're not opened at all. I dumped what was left and dutifully recycled the glass bottles. OK, I admit I kept about 4 bottles, but I'll probably throw them out eventually. For the last 3 or so years I've been shopping at my local Penzey's and have learned what spices are supposed to smell and taste like!

(For some reason the Blogger app does not let me label the pictures or even put them in order on the post. I trust you can tell which one is before and after, and if you can't, at least you can take comfort in knowing we have enough dry goods to feed us for about a month!)

Comments