She's Crafty

I'm not crafty, but one if my best friends is! She doodles tablescapes at work for goodness sake! This weekend was her daughter's second birthday and Irene went all out with an " Under the Sea" theme. Here's just some of the adorableness !
     The cake; made by Daddy and Betty Crocker. It's vanilla and white cake with blue food coloring in one, he would've have put it in both but he forget. Vanilla Frosting, Swedish Fish, Gummy Sharks, and Gummy Clown Fish. It was yummy, and they had more cake batter, so they made a similar cake for a "Smash Cake." Sinclair got her own cake to eat, but I think she only ate one bite before she was ready to get up and start playing some more!

There's also some chocolate fish on the table, and sand buckets of salt water taffy. 
Here are the Oyster Cookies! How cute are these?! Madeline cookies, strawberry frosting, gumball "pearls," and dots of frosting for the eyes. Irene spread and pressed sugar on the plate, and she found those plates at Hallmark for $2. Could it look more perfect?!
 
Aquarium Cups: Blue Jello with gumballs at the bottom, and we put Swedish fish in, with head's up and head's down. Super cute!
Under the Sea decorations: Streamers conveniently located under the vent for wavy motions and a made-by-Mommy banner for the birthday girl.
The birthday girl snagging a fish off the cake.
Ah the spread! We didn't make any of this! Irene's parents love to party and love to provide way, way too much food! Copious Filipino dishes I will not attempt to name or describe beyond delicious. I didn't attempt to find these items in my "Lose It" app., I'll just count the day as awash, and take it easy tomorrow.

Color, color everywhere! We had all the rest of the gumballs not used for oyster pearls, so Irene put them in a pretty glass jar, along with sparkly Rock Candy. 

It was a great party, complete with six kids under four, and about thirty relatives and friends. I think I had the most fun BEFORE the party, helping out on Friday night and Saturday before the party started at 2. We headed home about 6:30, exhausted, full, and with our tongues died blue!

PS: I'm sorry the formatting on this post sucks! Blogger was not cooperating and I would mess with the HTML formatting, but Hudson's waking up and if I don't post now, it probably won't get done! Sloppy post is better than no post at all right?!

Comments