Book Notes: Nights in Rodanthe

Nights In RodantheNights In Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Audiobook Version: I often wonder how prolific authors can come up with enough juicy material to write a book every year. Nicholas needed a break in 2003 so he wrote this little ditty. It had some of his usual elements: coastal town, heartache, death, fresh start. But this one lacked a twist or anything to really hook the reader in. In the book, Divorcee and mother of three, Adrienne is watching over her friend's B & B for the weekend. The one guest is Paul, divorced, father of one, successful surgery. It's not going to shock you to learn they fall in love. Paul's stay is only 5 days, so their affair is brief and later cut tragically short. Their romance has a positive impact on their relationships with their children, so maybe that's one redeeming part to the book. Maybe I wouldn't be so harsh, but I know Sparks can do better!



View all my reviews

Comments