Book Notes: Seriously...I'm kidding

Seriously... I'm KiddingSeriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


This book is aptly titled because Ellen begins nearly every sentence with a reasonable thought and ends it somewhere entirely different. Kind of like her character Dory on Finding Nemo—in fact the audiobook is read by Ellen so it DID feel like listening to Dory do stand up for 3 hours and it was NOT funny! It was downright painful, and I could only handle 2/3 of it before I gave up because I got a headache. I’m sorry for being so harsh Ellen, I have a lot of respect for who you are, but to call this rambling incoherent verbiage a book is a crime. I’m not only disappointed in Ellen, but also in American readers for giving this the status of a NYT best seller for the last eight weeks and counting. Shame!



View all my reviews

Comments

  1. This is THE funniest book I have ever read! I felt as if Ellen was reading it to me. If you need inspiration and laughter, look no farther. I read this in a few hours, and will read it many more times in the future. This will be a book everyone should expect to get as a gift from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Ellen for starters.....will add this to my list - you know I love to read! Kathy (neigbor)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment