Book Notes: Skipping Christmas

Skipping ChristmasSkipping Christmas by John Grisham

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book seemed very familiar from the get–go. Since it is 10 years old I thought maybe I have read it before. Then when they said the character names it hit me; it was made a movie in 2004, Christmas with the Kranks. I tried not to let that take away from the book. The story is sweet; a middle-aged, keeping up with the Jones' couple decides to skip Christmas when their only child left for Peace Corps a month before Christmas. The couple faces opposition to an irritating degree for friends. Just when it almost gets too unnerving, the plot twists in a somewhat predictable way, yet leads to heartwarming end. This is a quick read, and fun to take a somewhat critical look at the slippery slope of Christmas spending. I hope Grisham enjoyed this brief lapse in courtroom drama, as much as I enjoyed reading it!



View all my reviews

Comments