Ready for Some Football

Football officially started on Thursday, but today was the first Redskins game. In my house, baseball is the more coveted sport by my husband, but I prefer the football season for a variety of reasons. 1. Remember going to the football games in high school? Memories of the baseball games are not quite as fond even though I went to a few of those too. 2. Tailgating. I was late to the joys of Tailgating. My college did not have a football team. It wasn't 'til 2007 when my husband and I got season tickets to the Redskins. We tailgated every game. Yes, it dominated our social life for 4 months, we got hot dog guts, and we didn't get all of our chores done, but boy did we have fun! The next season I was pregnant and we moved to Richmond so our tailgating streak was over but ever since then when I don my burgundy I remember the marathon dates my husband and I had at Fed Ex field. 3. Thursday and Sundays. Maybe I would appreciate baseball more, if there were just not so much of it! Thursdays and Sundays are ripe for relaxing with some football. When you need to wind down from the week, and the weekend. 4. Sonny Jergensen. Hearing Sonny's color commentary always brings me back to my childhood best friend's living room where Sonny seemed to always be on. Maybe I was over playing almost every Sunday. Like a familiar song, Sonny's voice brings me back to another time. 5. Beer. I'll admit it, I like beer, and it's nice to have a beer with the game. Bring on the season of friends, chili, grilling, crisp air, silly touchdown moves, finger foods and a little more family time.

Comments

Post a Comment