Get 'er done!

Yesterday I took two carloads of stuff to Goodwill, and I feel like a million bucks! Not because I did something good for someone else, but it was good for me! Our Goodwill pile was growing for over a year. Taking up real estate, and mocking me that it was still there, despite me willing it away! Now of course, I could have just chucked it all, but the green in me has a glimmer of hope that someone will be excited to see my cast off stuffed animals and binders. One thing I loved about being a public school teacher was the fresh start every year. No matter what happened last year, good or bad, here's a new chance for brilliance. A chance to start fresh and improve on what you wanted to improve on and build on previous breakthroughs. For the rest of us not on such a clear beginning-end schedule, I think it is just as important to set goals and hold yourself to them, within reason. I don't feel like a failure that I still have items on my summer to-do list, I'm getting it done on an adjusted bell schedule. Now, time for me to address another pile...

Comments