Food Finds: Easy Cheesy Beer Bread

A few months ago I went to culinary camp at Juniper Moon Farm and the owner Susan, in her fabulousness sent me home with some Cheese Beer Bread mix. She made it so easy, just add beer and cheese. I had never heard of Cheese Beer Bread, and those are three of my favorite words, so imagine my surprise when reading Urban Farms Magazine and there's another recipe!

Easy Cheesy Beer Bread

This practically effortless bread recipe doesn’t need yeast—the beer has it all.

Beer bread
Photo by Stephanie Staton

Ingredients

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1½ cups home-brewed beer (most types of beer will work well)
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir in beer, mixing well until everything is combined.
Pour mixture into pan, and bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top of crust, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Cool before slicing.
Makes 1 loaf.

I ran out of White Flour so I used 1 cup White, 1 cup Wheat and 1 cup Wheat Germ. The bread turned out AMAZINGLY WELL and look how easy it was! The amount of cheese it called for barely covered the top, but next time I don't think I'll use it at all! The bread itself was so delicious! I used Sam Adams Rustic Saison.

Too bad for my husband I ate most of it before his friends came over to watch Monday Night Football!


Yum! What's your favorite recipe this week?

Comments

  1. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll be sure to before the week is over. Thanks for the reminder! We love home baked bread. The only problem is that we eat it.....all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne! That's my problem too--I really should ration the amount of flour I buy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment