Book Notes: Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me

Lies that Chelsea Handler Told MeLies that Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea Handler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have to say I am impressed. Personally, I cannot tell even the most harmless, pointless of lies. Chelsea Handler on the other hand, can carry a lie for months on end and enlist co-conspirators to ensure the lie is believed. I marveled at the havoc she caused.  I’m not sure which is more remarkable; that someone is this talented or that enough people enjoy the abuse.
The stories I enjoyed most were from her family. Chelsea is the youngest of 6, and by age 2 she was lobbing insults and generally causing mayhem. At age 7 she sold raffle tickets to meet Carly Simon, when she did not know Carly Simon.  At age 10 she was hanging out at the frat house with her brother, and the Fraternity Brothers were flirting with her! This book truly painted a clear picture that Chelsea is a force to be reckoned with. If she were my daughter, I probably would have lost my mind trying to keep her in line! If she were a peer, I probably would have stayed far away from her, she’s too unpredictable and wild. That said, you still get the sense that she is always there for her friends and family, and treats the most abused to regular private-jet getaways. I guess I could take the occasional prank for weekend trips to Cabo!




View all my reviews

Comments